Rev. Jay Shinseki
Centennial Book $25
Ready to dance at Obon
Watsonville Buddhist Temple is a Temple of the Jodo Shinshu Nishi Hongwanji tradition of Buddhism. Jodo Shinshu began over 800 years ago in Japan, and is still headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, at the Nishi Hongwanji Main Temple. Our tradition is supported in the United States by Buddhist Churches of America (BCA). We are part of the Coast District of the BCA.
We strive to follow the path to enlightenment by preserving faith in the Three Treasures: Dharma (the teachings), Sangha (the people), and Buddha (the Enlightened One).
- July 2 - No Sunday Service
- July 8 Saturday Hatsubon Service at 4:00 PM (Rev. Shinseki and Guest Speaker-Rev. Hiroshi Abiko) (Includes Shotsuki Hoyo and
1 year memorial service
for Rev. Hanayama)
- July 9 No Sunday Service Monterey Obon Festival from 12PM-5PM at Monterey Buddhist Temple, 1155 Noche Buena St, Seaside
- July 16 Watsonville Obon Festival from 12PM-5PM
- July 23 No Sunday Service
- July 30 No Sunday Service Salinas Obon Festival from 12PM-5PM at Salinas Buddhist Temple, 14 California St, Salinas
- Aug 4-5 Annual Rummage Sale (Aug 4 8AM-3PM
Aug 5 8AM-1PM)
- Aug 6 Sunday/Shotsuki Hoyo Service at 1PM (Rev. Shinseki)